Xmenrp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Private

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

A smooth meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Johnson
Admin
David Johnson

Power : Fire Mimicry

Character's sheet
Others:

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptySun 10 Sep - 10:20

A smooth meeting Tumblr_lotqvkXudC1qmpg90o1_400.gif

Like each day, David wakes up early the morning at 9:00. The first thing he does is take a shower, which successfully rid him of his flaming beard for the rest of the day. When he comes out, smelling good, he takes a good look at himself in the mirror. The same sad blue eyes stare back at him, like each day. Familiar and haunting.

He takes his razor and shaves the unwanted facial hair that came out since yesterday. In the end, he looks somewhat decent, despite having cut his face a bit too much. He proceeds to clean his teeth with a toothbrush. Even if there's better way nowadays, he never could figure out how to use the violet laser for clean and white teeth. Not that it's important, his teeth may not be shining, but they are far from yellow.

After spitting the disgusting mouth wash, he brushes his spiky hair. Like usual, they stay firmly up, not moving an inch. Like his life. He sighs but doesn't let his thoughts wander further and dress himself of a suit with a tie. It's nothing much, only to look presentable for the clients. He's wearing the same kind of suits for more than three years, it's probably the only thing he wears besides his rock band T-shirts at home.

He takes his phone before leaving his house.

Like every morning, his feets lead him to the levitating newspapers stand and he pays the android for today's newspapers. He remembers suddenly the conversation from yesterday between two of his employees, a talk about how many people talked about removing the newspapers stands because nowadays people were getting their information directly from the net. He thought, personally, that it was stupid. As stupid as removing cashiers for scanners.

He read the newspapers as he rides the subway. The thing had barely changed since he was young, but it still surprised him how the minimal changes still disoriented him. The holographic ads, the comfort of the seats that could now warm your ass but also pop out a coffee out of the blue. David doesn't know how the new functions of the seats work exactly, so he never really bothered. He only sits normally, relaxing against the cushion of the seat, and read the newspapers he bought.

He's uncomfortable when he sees the article talking about the arrest of young mutants, so he quickly skips the page and begins his morning crosswords.

Like any morning, he avoids meeting the stares of the people inside and concentrate on his task at hand. The minute he finishes his crosswords, he's arrived at his stop.

He leaves the tight cubicle, with some difficulty because of his width, and walks the neighborhood until his feets lead him to the door of his restaurant. He unlocks it and begins to prepare the day, awaiting the arrival of his employees.

In the afternoon, there are more people coming, like the usual. It's really rare that there are people early the morning, besides his employees. He barely speaks to his clients but answers their questions when asked. Being social isn't his forte. He cooks the food of his clients and, because today he's two employees short, he serves their plates when he sees that his staff is too busy.

It's not his responsibility to ask the clientele what they desire to order, as he has enough tasks at the moment, but he politely stops when a young purple haired lady put a hand on his arm to halt him before he comes back into the kitchen. She seems to not recognize him nor seems really comfortable in her seat, so he guesses at first glance that it's her first time in his restaurant. She seems to have questions about the menu so he pays attention to what she's asking of him.

Because most of his musicians come at night, when the bar open, the music in the restaurant at the moment comes from a turn disk. It plays a low jazzy tune, easy to hear despite the brouhaha inside the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
https://xmenrp.board-directory.net
Niva Knight

Niva Knight

Power : Smoke Powers

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptySun 10 Sep - 13:45

A smooth meeting Tumblr_o9cu4rYzRe1s66rc8o1_540

5:30 pm, It was one of those days where she was asked to meet her clients at a place other than their home. It was a rich client this time, so she dressed in her finest outfit with the beautiful gray cocktail dress she wore. She left her glasses on and pulled her hair side to make her look fancier. No makeup was applied as she wore little, to begin with. Her hands hover over the flame that was from a candle she kept it on her office desk. The smoke swirled around her hand as she watches it twisted around her with ease. She swirls it one more before blowing out the candle and heading out the door for her client meet up. Slipping on black heels and matching purse, she was ready to deal with people.

Her heels click against the pavement with every step as she walked down the concrete street to her home. She refuses to use her car unless it was somewhere too far away to walk from. Her client probably would drop her off back home as they always wanted to talk in private about more details. Her eyes trail off to the setting sun as it gold rays being to turn pink and orange.

While she walked, she pulled out her phone and headphones to drown out the noise of the city to put on some nice jazz music. The singer soft voice filled her ears as she walked as she watches the lights turned on as the sun hit the peak on the ground making the sky grow darker and darker.

She did not live in a good neighbor in town as she loved the outskirt of the city more than love in the heart of it. The only trees left were in these parts as deforestation was common nowadays as the city grew.

People assume why nice women would ever live in such a slum area of the city. It was simple really. She was part of the rebel mutants that cause trouble for the city. They paid her to tend to their wounds and as such, no one in the slums dares to cause any trouble for her.

Many people late going home would wave at her because of her friendly attitude she quickly befriended most people in the slums. A majority of the people living here were mutant because it was easier to hide their power in a place where cops do not even want to go to. The people in these slums are a big family who never hurt anyone else. The rebel had made sure of that anyhow.

It was around 6 pm when she finally was out of the slums and into the rest of the city. Niva pushes a button on her glasses as GPS popped up with the address of the place. It took far to walk that far at this time, so she took the subway. It only took her 10 minutes to reach the area. She brushed passed rich snobby people who do not even know the struggle of poverty. Her eyes landed on the restaurant the client had wanted to go to. It was pretty nice and not somewhere she thought she would end up.

The hostess greeted her with a smile before asking her if she had a reservation. She nodded her head and said something about it being under Mr. Sanders. She uses her facade name with her clients, so her name was Miss Nova.

The hostess shows her to the table that had a nice view of the stage. She took a seat and took the menu that was left on the table Her client would not be here for another 30 minutes. She would have ordered her food in advance as her client seems like order for her. It always ended up with something she was okay with. She flipped through the menu.

She glances at her wristwatch which was antique from the 1930s era. It said it was 6:30 pm. A sigh escapes her lips knowing that her client was late. She glances bad the menu and decided to best option was to ask a waiter what they would require. It was cleared that she might as well order her food early, but she did not know what to get.

"Excuse me, sir, umm... what do you think the best choice for tonight?"

She felt a little embarrassed as she had grabbed the guy arm with the wrist with the old antique watch. Niva was never the type to do this, but she was not going sit there being awkward trying to come up with a decision. She had let go of his arm and folded her hands on a book that sat in her lap.
Back to top Go down
David Johnson
Admin
David Johnson

Character's sheet
Others:

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptyTue 12 Sep - 3:49

"Excuse me, sir, umm... what do you think the best choice for tonight?"

He looks at the woman who is fidgeting uncomfortably in her seat. She seems quite embarrassed to have asked, so he smiles at her to eases the tension in her shoulders. He doesn't smile often in his private life, but at the restaurant, it's a little bit easier. He asks her for the menu, which she held out to him with a puzzled expression. The client is probably wondering why he needs to take a clear look at the menu when he's working here. He clears his throat and explains himself, not looking away from the menu;

''We change our menus each month, depending on the season or the popularity of it, so sometimes it's hard to remember what dishes remain on the card.''
His voice is comfortably quiet, a silent rumble that somewhat fits his large bulk.

After carefully considering each choice, he answers her previous question;

''For starters, I suggest our beetroot salad. There's also the seared scallops that I hear great things about.''

He looks at the card once again before giving it back to her. He adds;

''For the main dishes, our smoked salmon with orange on rye is pretty popular. Having myself tasted it, I can only recommend it. If fish is not to your tastes, I suggest the slow-roasted pork belly. It's a crispy delight from what I heard.''

He takes a pen and a booklet from his side pocket, ready to write her order. While she's pondering on his recommendations, he sees the book in her lap. He recognizes it immediately and can't help himself;

''Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is still one of my favorite comedy. The way it depicts in humorous ways manners, education, marriage and money matters from those time is simply amazing. Jane Austen's opening line, “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife", really describe the book in itself. It is said in such irony and playfulness. Honestly a good read.''

He's kind of embarrassed at how unprofessional he was being, but he's such a big fan of reading that he couldn't stop himself halfway. He clears his throat uncomfortably and his grip on his pen tighten.

''My apologies, I was caught in the moment.''

Back to top Go down
Niva Knight

Niva Knight

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptyTue 12 Sep - 5:04

Niva handed him the menu and listen to him as he talked about how the menu changes each month. The women did not notice that he had to look at the menu.She was to focus on listening to the jazz music. Her eyes watched him as he talked about the menu changes every month which amaze her. She watches as he talks about the started chooses. A salad or Scallop. It was going to be a salad as she likes to eat lightly and looked professional in front her clients.

The main course he recommended was easier for her to pick very quickly. She loved salmon as it was the only reason she has not turned into a vegetarian. She refuses to eat meat for she really did love animals.

She ponders through the chosen but before she could come up with the answer. She notices that he was looking at her book that she kept on her lap. Her hands were no longer covering it has she usually move her hand to her face when she was in thought.

''Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is still one of my favorite comedy. The way it depicts in humorous ways manners, education, marriage and money matters from those time is simply amazing. Jane Austen's opening line, “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife"  

Niva smiled at him with a sparkle in her eye while she listens to him talking about Pride and Prejudice. She never meant anyone else who knew such knowledge about Pride and Prejudice. It was even rare for people to care about old books as the technology was more important to people than some old books. "really describe the book in itself. It is said in such irony and playfulness. Honestly a good read.''

She could notice that he looked very embarrassed from him mentioning the book. Niva just smiled big at him and shook her head trying not to chuckle. It was sort of funny to her.

''My apologies, I was caught in the moment.''

Niva shook her head again and chuckled at him lightly. She moved the book to get a better view. It was one first edition copy of Pride and Prejudice.

"No need to apologize. I understand completely. Jane Austen is a wonderful author. She very well educated lady with a wonderful storytelling ability that seems suck me in everytime I read one of her books. Though, I "

She was interrupted when she notices her client had walked up to the table. A tall gentleman name Willams Howards. He was a lawyer who was famous for taking cases for celebrities. Her smiled changed into more business smile. She felt a little uncomfortable around the client that was now smiling at her. Niva pushed her book back onto her lap gently.

"Dr. Nova, I am glad to see you have made it. I hope it did not trouble you to get here."

Niva twisted her hand under the table as she nodded her head before putting on her doctor facade. She shook the client hand with her hand before he went to sit down

"It was fine. Afterall, walking is good for one health and one heart."

She gave the client a light laugh that was clearly fake. The client just smiles at her before going to the menu. When he couldn't see her, she looked down at her book really wishing she could read it instead of sitting here with the client. He was probably going order food for both of them. Knowing it would probably be something meat, She probably needs to speak up.

"I think I will have the Salad then the Salmon please."

The client then orders his meal which was something with meat because she was not paying attention as she tries to take deep breaths. It has been years in this practice, and she still was nervous talking to people about mutant like they were some sort of plague to the world.

"Dr. Nova, you know why I am here. I wanted to know what a beautiful doctor like you to explain to me what is the best optional to help my son with his abilities."

She tried not to cringe from the light flirting the guy was trying to do her. It was something that happens all too often for her. Niva just gave him an awkward smiled and push her glasses back.

"Ummm, I think it would be....to let me first get assignment on what and how is ablities are."

The man had gotten a little close for her comfortable as he was still trying to flirt with her the whole time. She back away from him as much as she could. It was getting a little too awkward for her liking.

"Is there a Mr.Nova?"

Niva shook her head and looked down for a few seconds.

"Ummmm.no." She needed come up with an excuse to hopefully make him drop his flirting.

"I have been single for awhile."

She did not want to go into detail with the flirty client as she tried her best to find a change in subject ,but he was not budging.

"It must be lonely not having someone around."

Niva knew where this was going and just plaster a fake smiled on her face again that was less nervous this time.

"Alone only a mere concept. I have not alone as I can a family that cares for me as I care for them."

The guy just chuckled at her.

"I meant in bed."

She felt lost in words as this getting way to much for her to handle. It was almost desert time which was good because she can make excuse that she needed to get home. If this guy did leave her alone, she have to go called one the rebel to pick her up just in case the guy did not get the message.
Back to top Go down
David Johnson
Admin
David Johnson

Character's sheet
Others:

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptySun 17 Sep - 20:32

The woman shakes her head before chuckling softly. Her laugh is as quiet as her voice, something he finds charming. She shows him a better view of the cover and he's surprised to recognize the copy as a first edition.

"No need to apologize. I understand completely. Jane Austen is a wonderful author. She very well educated lady with a wonderful storytelling ability that seems suck me in everytime I read one of her books. Though, I "

He was nodding along of what she was telling him, his mind completely forgetting that he is in the workplace. His client is unfortunately interrupted in her sentence as a tall man arrives. He looks somewhat his own age and looking somewhat handsomely dashing, wearing a well-fitted suit. David cannot help but feel a bit disappointed that they cannot continue their conversation, but he reminds himself that he is working and has no time for such thing. He clears his throat and speaks to the man after ''Dr.Nova'' openly stated what she would like to order;

''And what would you like to order ?''

The man doesn't waste any time before ordering his food and David recognize him. The man may not be a regular, but he dines here enough for him to remember him. He writes the orders in his notepad and quickly runs into the kitchen.

Of course, because of his time talking to the purple haired woman, he's now a bit behind.
Like usual, even if it means the client has to wait, he takes the time to cook each dishes ordered. Because he's busy in the kitchen, trying to catch up for the time he wasted, he cannot be balancing serving and cooking. The list of orders is a bit too long for him to double team right now.

Because it's getting late, there's more and more of clients entering the restaurant and he has less time to spare. It's not like it's bothering him, he has competent employees, but unfortunately, like previously said, they are two employees short tonight and they are packing. To make things worst, one of his employee has to leave early because of the babysitter who decided to not show up and as much as David fully understand his employee's reasons for leaving -family is important after all, it's such an ill timing that he wonders if he's going to have a heart attack. It's not unusual to have a few employees short on a night like these, but recently some got fired and others decided to leave, so yes they are only short of two employees but they were already short on staff, to begin with. His last thought as he covers for his leaving server is that he needs to hire more people.
God, he loves his restaurant but sometimes things like that get him a headache.

He comes out of his kitchen, with his apron still firmly hanging from his hips, and comes serve the tables that seem to have finished with their meal. As he's taking the order of an old couple who look so happy together that it makes his lonely heart throbs, he hears one of his server gets into a verbal fight with a client. He sighs but doesn't intervene yet, finishing to write the order, before walking there.

As he arrives, he's surprised to notice the purple haired woman from earlier. His server, one of his younger one, with piercings and bleached blond hair, has turned red from anger.
The man he is talking- scratch that, yelling at is looking at him with a frustrated look. His companion seems very embarrassed of the attention, but more from the man than his server, which makes his eyebrows rise.

To avoid any fight, he immediately gets between the client that started to get up from his seat and his server who rolled up his sleeves.

''Gentlemen.'' He greets first, his huge body used as a wall between them. He puts his hand on his server's left shoulder. ''What is happening here ?''

His young employee doesn't waste any time explaining what is the problem, furiously playing with his right earring.

''I was taking this lady's order when this doucheb-'' From David's glare, he rectifies himself reluctantly; ''This man decided to play footsie with her and she looked uncomfortable and told him to stop but he kept at it so I tried to help her but he doesn't fucki- he doesn't listen.''

David simply sigh. It's not every day that he has to deal with this kind of stuff in his restaurant, but the place has a strict policy on harassment so he isn't surprised that his server decided to jump the gun like this. The client tries to defend himself, but he has heard enough. He sends his server away and turns his head towards the lady, who seems simply ashamed right now. David asks her nicely;

''Is this man bothering you ?'' He may not have said it, but it's explicitly stated in his tone of voice that if it's so, he will himself resolve the situation.
Back to top Go down
Niva Knight

Niva Knight

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting EmptySun 17 Sep - 21:02

Niva had made an excuse go to the bathroom for a bit before she started to text on her phone to one of her comrades. This was not the first time she had been hit on my guys trying to get into her pants. This guy was not letting up ,and it was scaring her. She not the type to cause any trouble ,but she was going have to make sure that Jace knew this client won't let off.She felt her phone vibrated with an answer that satisfied her as she quickly washed her hands. Then send a thanks to Jace before walking back to her sit and sitting down. The guy was already drinking more wine. She felt her body shivered as the guy was pretty much drunk at this point. He had finished a whole bottle of wine. He kept offering some to her ,but she politely denied as she did not drink at all. The client kept trying to get her to drink which was getting on her nerves.

"No thank you ,sir. I cannot drank alcohol."

She bows her head before drinking some of her water. The guy seem to stopped talking about getting her drunk. He had moved subjects about his career which she drone out as she flipped through her book on her lap, feeling the paper as a way to calm her nerves.

"hmmm, I wonder Doc, do you have phd in sexual activities."

She freezes at the horrible pickup line and gulp as she felt his foot caresses against her ballet flats. A shivered ran down her spine as she tried to moved her foot away from his. He kept trying to be advancement at her foot which made her start to scoot her chair away from the table.

"Please stop."

Luckily, the waiter came over with their starter meal. He put them in front of them and notice that she felt uncomfortable and trying keep her feet away from the table. He could tell that the guy was trying to play footsie with her.

"Oh come on baby. I know you like it."The guy kept doing it until the waiter seem to pulled her chair away for her far enough that the guy could not reach.

"She said stop."

He looked very mad at the guy because he was one of her mutants. She did not even see him that how nervous she was dealing with this issue. He must of got the text from Jace.

"Are you dumb or something? She clearly does not want to play your fucking sick game of foosie. You asshole."

The waiter crossed his arms in annoyance. They begin to argue with each other which made her feel even more nervous on the situation. The women tried to get the two men to settle down. The client had gotten up ,and the waiter got prepare to beat the shit out of the guy before they were interrupted.

"Gentlemen."

She notice it was the tall guy from earlier that she was talking to before the client came. She glances away from them as she felt her anxiety on the edge. This was turning out to be one the worse evening she ever had. He looked over to his left shoulder and begin to talked to the waiter. The client was foaming at the mouth as she tried to defend himself. She notice that he looked over to her ,and their eyes meet for a second before she looked down on the ground.

''Is this man bothering you ?'' He seem to be applying to something which she nodded her head. She did not want to say anything as she already felt the utmost awkward about this.

"Yes he is." She fumble with her glasses as they slide down her nose from her looking down so much.

"You Bitch."

He had his hands balled up as she felt herself flinch at the words. If looks could kill, she would be dead right now by the glared the man was giving her. It made her more worried about this man son must be going throw by the way his father is acting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A smooth meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A smooth meeting   A smooth meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A smooth meeting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xmenrp :: RP Zone :: The City :: David's Restaurant-
Jump to: